Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Until We Eat Again . . .



Hey there brahs and brah-ettes. It's been a minute, hasn't it?

I started this blog six years ago. It's been a long time. I'm bored with it. Half the fun of this blog was being able to do it with contributors like Guy and Jimmy; trying to see who could be more over-the-top silly and stupid. Those dudes haven't lived in Victoria for years. A lot of my other burger buds have vamoosed too. Hanging out with them was one of the things that made eating countless mediocre burgers worthwhile.

The other thing that made it worthwhile: six years ago nobody knew where the hell to get a really great burger in Victoria. A search was necessary. I feel like the search is kinda over. Love Perogy is better than everything else in Victoria I've tried. Simple, greasy, delicious and you don't really have to worry about consistency, because there's always only one guy slingin' the patties.

So what I'm trying to say is: a) I'm kinda bored of this blog; b) now that I've found a place I realllllly like, I don't see the point in tilting at burger windmills anymore.

I won't say this blog is dead, I'll just say it's gonna take something realllllllllly special (or really godawful) to make me feel the need to write about it here.

In the words of noted Lurlene McDaniel historian Helen Kennedy, "Later skater."

5 comments:

Carl said...

lol... Love your Blog. I grew up in Sidney but live up island now. I've been a burger connoisseur since I was a young man.

In my eyes there is no finer food, nothing created so perfectly as the Bacon Cheeseburger. With some lettuce and tomato you've got all 4 food groups, does it get any healthier? Yeah, I didn't think so either...!

It's been a long 6 years away from Victoria and for burgers the only one that really stands out anymore was the Prairie Inn or Charles Dickens pub. Both make decent burgers. Up here though we've got a few contenders like the Shady Rest, Trees Diner (really good!), Gary's Bistro and a few others. You've given me a bit of motivation to turn my love of burgers into some blogging action.

If you'd ever be interested in writing some of your burger reviews on my Vancouver Island website and my buying the burger for you (seriously!) let me know. I could use the content and I can send you the PayPal!

Carl

Taylor Krebs said...

Oh my gosh, everything on your blog looks so good. Thanks for posting all of these. What would you say is your number one pick? This is a restaurant in Victoria BC that you really ought to try. It isn't burgers, but it's worth trying anyways! Let me know what you think :)

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed the blog for pretty much its whole life - has it been 6 years? Thanks, Donald!

katysewell12 said...

As a food blogger, my job is to try and criticize different types of food. I often take my camera along with me to take pictures of the restaurant and my plates of food. Would anyone happen to know of any great restaurants in Victoria, BC? http://noodlecart.com/

Jamie R said...

nice post and thanks for sharing...
Ginni Buns