Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Royal Roads Cafe | 1949 Sooke Road | 250•474•3628


Super Burger
(Saturday Special)
$11



I'll stand by Royal Roads' baked spaghetti 'til death, but I can't get behind this burger. For something that labels itself "super"; this is a pretty bland-o-rama affair. Assorted field peppers, onion, mushrooms, and brittle bacon all combine to form one heck of a cruddy burger climate. The beef (a supplier patty) isn't exactly teeming with tastiness either. In fact the only flavour that sticks its neck out is that of the campus cafeteria style chipotle mayo used in this package. It's not exactly delicious, but at least it's noticeable.

If not for a decent bun, this burger would be a total loss. Thankfully the bun is a pleasant, slightly squishy, number that offers a good bun:burger ratio. The housing strategy here still doesn't stop this burger from being a total bore though. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich would have been more exciting (and more satisfying).

VERDICT: Order the baked spaghetti above all else.

1 comment:

head lice treatment said...

After reading this posting, I pondered the very same level that I invariably wonder about when scanning new blogs and forums. Just what do I take into consideration this? Precisely how ought to it impact me? This and additional posts in your weblog right right here actually give some stuff to look at. I fundamentally ended up right here by way of Yahoo after I was very first doing some internet study for some course carry out that I have. At all times superb times shopping by the use of and I’m hopeful that you will carry on writing new posts. Cheers!