Monday, May 4, 2009

Pizza All Nite Redux!

Cheeseburger
$6 (Carry-Out)
$8 (Delivery)



Some small changes have been made to this burger since the last time I reviewed it, but it's still probably the best burger deal in town. The D'Italiano style bun has been swapped for a simple white number (I'm not sure I'm completely on-board with the switch, but it has definitely provided a better bun-to-burger ratio). This time around I tried a couple extra add-ons with the burger. The toppings I tried this go-round were pepperoni, bacon, cheddar, edam, dill pickle and onion. Condiments are mustard and mayo. I really love the thick spicy pepperoni patties that Pizza All-Nite uses, but next go round I'll likely leave pepperoni off my burger. Although the pepperoni is delicious, the balance of the burger was thrown off a little by making that particular topping choice.

Choosing toppings that don't compete with the beef is key at Pizza All Nite, as they use pretty damn good beef for a pizza joint. P.A.N. is one of the very few places in Victoria that employs island raised beef in its burgers. The comely cow used for the patties is brought up on a Duncan area farm, and supplied by the Halal Butcher in Quadra Village. The patty is well spiced and has the same unique flavour that is found throughout the menu at this superior pizza joint. This burger remains pretty close to my top five in the city, and it is a must try if you're in the Quadra Village area.

VERDICT: Multiple topping add-ons and island raised beef for just six bucks? This burger is a steal.

ps. In the interests of full disclosure, it should be noted that I received a free ten dollar gift certificate following my purchase of this burger at Pizza All Nite. This was an unsolicitated gift given in appreciation of our previous review, and should in no way be perceived as "blogola".

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Perhaps I will have to take a wander down to Pizza All Nite. I've lived only a few blocks away for what, 4 years now, and have never been there.

Trevor G. said...

Love this place for burgers since you guys did your first review. 8 bucks, loaded with whatever you want (just make sure to get cheese), and fries. The burger is a bit spicy which gives it some originality, but the patty tastes like beef (hey, some don't). Delivered tastiness. You can't go wrong. Plus they're very friendly people and always ask how you like your previous order.

Anonymous said...

I have been to P.A.N. almost weekly since I tried them a year ago, thanks to this blog, and I have to say that they just keep getting better and better all the time. They were great the first time I tried them but the more I go more I am impressed. I strongly recommend P.A.N. to everyone who is looking for a new favorite place to eat. The staff are very nice, every time you go they seem to remember something you told them about the last time you were there and they ask about it, they really seem to care about their customers. Really a great experience all around.

Chantel said...

I love their burgers. Each time I eat there is just seems to get better and I can't figure out how they do it cause each time it's amazing. TRY IT! TRY IT! TRY IT! You will not be disappointed

Arahman said...

I love their burgers and go atleast once a week to eat there. they have amazing beef burgers. and their chickens burgers are really good too. their pizza is amazing too, you can tell it is always fresh. and the workers are so nice and welcoming

Jonah Brown said...

I wanted to let you know that http://pizzaallnite.com is alive and working. they finally have a website!