Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Beerfest BBQ Hut


Nothing quite like getting drunk at an afternoon festival: crappy folk music being kinetically interpreted by even crappier dancers, free key chains, friendly framboise drinkers — pretty much all the ingredients for fun. My first trip to the Great Canadian Beerfest was a great experience, brought down slightly by a heck of a lacklustre burger.


Maybe I just wasn't drunk enough, but man this burger was unsatisfying. The patty was dry and flavourless, the cheese sweaty, and the bun a tad obtrusive. BBQ Hut is obviously pandering to the lowest common denominator when it comes to hungry masses, but it would have been nice to see a little more effort put into this. I had a pretty good afternoon buzz going when I started pounding this burger back, and it was still painfully obvious I wasn't going to rest easy until my stomach lining was wrapped in a tastier, beefier, grease blanket.


My body's need for a grease-bomb was so completely violated by BBQ Hut that I had to go to Wendy's and eat not only a Baconator, but a JBC and fries too. Wendy's just barely satisfied my needs, but it did sober me up enough to fully appreciate the brush with fame me and Guy had on our way past SOFMA.


Backstreet Boys were in town Friday and Guy totally shook Nick Carter's hand as he was signing autographs outside the arena. Aside from an opportunistic photographer, we were definitely the only dudes there, and of course Guy was the most obnoxious in the crowd. I suppose we have BBQ Hut to thank for that.

VERDICT: Mute metro-sexual Nick Carter beats BBQ Hut by a mile.

9 comments:

misha17 said...

May I post a link to this entry in some Backstreet Boys fansites?

dk said...

yah dude go for it, I'd love the traffic

TSE Puppyraiser said...

Obnoxious or not, it might have been better to go shake his hand after the Beerfest. I should've tried having a couple drinks before I saw them here in the US. Heh. Thanks for agreeing to share your Nick pic though. :-)

Also, yeah that burger looks rather anticlimactic and a little lopsided. Sorry to hear it was such a bust.

Gaetano said...

his hands felt like velvet

Jordan Stout said...

backstreet's back!

intin said...

thanks for this. i hope you wouldn't mind if i post a link of your blog in my site. God bless!

dk said...

feel free to link it up

Jordan Stout said...

any chance we could see more BSB-related posts? maybe burgers inspired by the boys themselves??
thanks!

dk said...

Haven't heard of any BSB inspired burgers.

Don't expect any further BSB content in the future, as I don't expect our paths to cross again. However, do stay tuned for some local celebrity content here at the blog.